Tuesday, May 28

Teacher Talk Tuesday: P is for Peanuts and Plants!

Have you heard of "Teacher Talk Tuesday"?... Michelle over at Apples and ABC's along with another blog have designated Tuesdays for teachers to post pictures of what they are doing in their classrooms on Instagram and hash tag it #teachertalktuesday.  Today I was excited because I finally found a use for the peanut erasers I found at the target dollar spot.  I had no idea what to do with them, but I had to have them (and a lot of them!)... I think it's funny that Greg has just stopped questioning my reason for buying things at the dollar spot, he just quietly examined the package of peanut erasers and rolled his eyes... 

Here is my #teachertalktuesday:



We're working on greater than, less than, and equal to.  I made little elephant cards with the symbols on them (and the words on the back) instead of the usual alligator that we used earlier in the year because, didn't you know, elephants love peanuts! The kids rolled dice, chose the two different amounts of peanuts, and had to figure out which sign completed the equation correctly. 

We're also working on plants, and if you are too, check out my life cycle of a plant packet on Teachers Pay Teachers.  I have all of the activities from this packet set up in my classroom and...


...last week we observed different types of plants outside... we were able to sneak out in between rain showers.  I used the awesome clipboards I got in the... everyone together now... TARGET DOLLAR SPOT (duh!).  I plan on Modge Podging something to go along with my classroom movie theme on them eventually.



So there you have it, P is for plants and peanuts!

What are you working on?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment