Monday, April 1

Manicure Monday: Vintage Antique Roses

This is one of my favorite nail designs! I was worried about doing the vintage roses, but they were easy... and being messy is okay... I rely on the fact that people won't be looking at it super close up, haha!


Colors used:
  • Blue: China Glaze "For Audrey" (if you don't own it, go buy it! the picture doesn't do it justice!)
  • Pink: China Glaze "IV"
  • Gold glitter: Sephora by OPI "Only Gold for Me"
  • Green: China Glaze "Four Leaf Clover" (another AMAZING China Glaze color... wait til you see my peacock feather nails!)
  • Light pink: Color Club "Vintage Couture"

  1. Make random dots around the nail with the nail polish brush in the main rose color.
  2. Make some "c's" on the sides of the dots and one coming out from the middle of the dot.  This color can be lighter or darker than the main rose color.   You can make a small dot in the middle of the rose to define the middle.  In other rose designs, I have swirled in other color pinks to give the rose more dimension.  
  3. Make small leaves.  I used a small dotting tool for this.
P.S. always top with a clear top coat... I use Seche Vite... the top coat always makes everything look better!

I really want to do this design again!

No comments:

Post a Comment